Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problem with default value for parameter
koboldo
Hi
Recently, I have changed BIRT to 2.6.1 version and faced problem with default value for the report parameter. I have dynamic string parameter displayed as ListBox with multiple selections allowed. For the list of values retrieved from some source (I have tried xml database and simple xml file) I have to add one default value. It is string constant e.g. "ALL".
When I generate report there is no "ALL" option available on the list of the parameter. However, when I change display type to ComboBox, that default value became visible.
Is it a bug or my mistake somewhere in parameter definition?
Regards
?ukasz
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You have "all" listed as the default parameter for the parameter you want it to be and it doesn't show up?
koboldo
Yes. This the case.
Moreover, when I change the type of parameter from "ListBox" to "ComboBox" this default value ("ALL") appears in the control on the report parameter page. So it make me suppose it could be some bug.
In previous version of BIRT I used (2.3.2) it was enough to add default value for ListBox to become available to choose.
Regards
mwilliams
I just checked in 2.6.1 with a dynamic string prameter with the default set to All. When I ran the report, I had the option of All right there. But, when I switched it to allow multiple values, the option was no longer there. I also checked this in 2.6.2 and it happens the same way. This looks like a bug to me. Please file a bug report for this at
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/
and post the bug info in here for future reference. Thanks!
koboldo
bug was submitted:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=347331
mwilliams
If you're using a SQL database, you might just be able to union "All" as an extra value onto your parameter result set that would force it to be included.
koboldo
Thank you for your advice. I'm using xml db, but my workaround was exactly as you proposed. I have added value "ALL" to the result of the xquery. The outcome was the same as if default parameter was on the list.
Regards
?ukasz
mwilliams
Perfect! Let us know whenever you have questions!