Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Dynamic Required Fields
ReggieRWalker
I am attempting to dynamically set the 'is_required' fields for specific __TAG__ elements.
For example, in our workflow:
Approver1 is optional ONLY if Appover6 is selected. A user does not select either, how can I *easily* set Approver6's 'is_required' value to true? Any suggestions?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're trying to do and/or why - but if I didn't manage to completely misread your post - I think what you need to do is setup a validation routine for "Approver1" (which 'is_required' by default) - such that the validation routine checks to see if "Approver6" is set before determining whether or not the value (or lack of value) in "Approver1" is an error condition.
I believe there are a number of OOTB default and/or example workflows that show the use of validation routines for TAG variables - so I'd start by looking there if you've never done it before (also make sure to download and check out the 5.5.2 SP3 version of the workflow manual PDF - it's much improved over previous 5.x versions of the manual)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)