Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Data Set for *.CVS : "Invalid flat file format"
cl-r
I use the last 3.6.2 Eclipse Report and I have this error when I want to manage a report from flat CSV file.
All (Eclipse and files) are in UTF8 charset.
What I misunderstood?
In hope this topic is in the good forum.
Best regards
Claude
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Claude,
Can you attach a CSV file so I can see the format of it?
cl-r
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="77323" data-time="1305912792" data-date="20 May 2011 - 10:33 AM"><p>
Hi Claude,<br />
<br />
Can you attach a CSV file so I can see the format of it?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Thanks for your rapid response.<br />
I've issue with the forum, *.csv and *.7z files cannot be uploaded : "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file"<br />
<br />
Send me a mail address where I can send it : claude [dot] richard [at] asp [minus] public [dot] fr<br />
Best regards from PARIS,<br />
<br />
Claude
mwilliams
If you zip them, you can add them in here. Or you can add a dummy extension of .txt to the end of the file and it will attach. Or, you can email them to me at mwilliams@actuate.com.
cl-r
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="77412" data-time="1306165147" data-date="23 May 2011 - 08:39 AM"><p>
If you zip them, you can add them in here. Or you can add a dummy extension of .txt to the end of the file and it will attach. Or, you can email them to me at mwilliams@actuate.com.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
I have forgotten that files will be publish and they have a commented first line added with copyright.<br />
I've removed this line and have no more "Invalid flat file format".<br />
<br />
... But popup [Select Table] with file filter [*.csv] show a line in the left panel of column headers separeted with ';' and not a list for choosing header in it. I've tried with '\t', no more success.<br />
<br />
I've not found Data Set documentation for *csv in the Eclipse Help tool.<br />
What is missing?<br />
<br />
Cheers<br />
Claude
mwilliams
I'm not sure I'm understanding, but maybe I am. If you go back to your dataSource, you can change your flat file type to SSV instead of CSV.
cl-r
I found the origin of the problem: the header was corrupted.
Thank a lot for paying attention.
Cheers
claude
mwilliams
Ah, good. Not a problem. Let us know whenever you have questions!