Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Assign Stored Procedure Output Parameter to Global Variable
dchillman
I have a dataset created from a stored procedure that has an output parameter. I would like to take the value of the output parameter and assign it to a global variable for use in later sections of the report. Is that possible, and if so, can you tell me how? thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mcremer
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'dchillman'" data-cid="77340" data-time="1305924375" data-date="20 May 2011 - 01:46 PM"><p>
I have a dataset created from a stored procedure that has an output parameter. I would like to take the value of the output parameter and assign it to a global variable for use in later sections of the report. Is that possible, and if so, can you tell me how? thanks<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi what you want is quite hard. What I would do is make a data set that gives you 1 reslult (read my colleuge's blog about that: <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://enterprisesmartapps.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/oracle-stored-procedure-data-set-in-birt/'>http://enterprisesmartapps.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/oracle-stored-procedure-data-set-in-birt/</a>)<br
/>
<br />
Then I would just access the dataset on the given time or join with a nother data set if you need it in to do calculations.