Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Building Aggregation
kallem
I have been using aggregated binding with function CONCATENATE to join strings in the report. <em class='bbc'>Max length</em> attribute has been unspecified and aggregation was and is working ok. Just now couple longer reports caused problem that for some reason concatenated result doesn't contain all data. I adjusted the <em class='bbc'>Max length</em> and then I get all data. I'd like to know what is the default value for <em class='bbc'>Max length</em>? And is it possible to make it dynamic?<br />
<br />
I also tried to find out meaning for <em class='bbc'>Show all values</em> but couldn't find. What does it do?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
A show all values value of "false" would not allow for duplicate values in the list, true allows for duplicates. As for your max value, could you just set a value you don't think you'd ever get to?
mwilliams
One way to make your length dynamic would be to initialize a variable in your initialize, something like:
maxLength=0;
Then, in the onFetch of your dataSet put something like:
maxLength = maxLength + row["yourRow"].toString().length + 1; //extra 1 is for comma separator or space
Finally, add your concatenate aggregation in your table and use a max length expression of your variable:
maxLength;
That should do it. Let me know if you have issues.
kallem
Thanks Michael. I will increase max length and see whether it is enough. Later on I will try that dynamic solution.
mwilliams
Sounds good. Let me know if you have any issues.