Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Show multiple headers in single BIRT report
Suneel Mac
I would like to show, two headers in report.
Lets us say, I have configured two headers in Master Page, for one header, one data set(dynamic data fetched from database, could be of any length) and for other header, another data set.
On, If for 1st data set, data is of 5 pages(pages may be changed ,based on the data),I will show 1st header , for another data set data, I will show other header.
How to do this?.?
I am trying,
Creating one global parameter, and assigned some default value to that.
After Data Set is over I changed that to some other value.
By using these values I am using if() condition to hide the headers.. I am using the following code
Steps:-
Default value of parameter is set as ?0?
1)In the data Set, I am changing the variable value
reportContext.setGlobalVariable("someVariable", 1)
2)Masterpage ,onrender for Header1
if (0==parseInt(reportContext.getGlobalVariable("someVariable"))) {
this.getStyle().display="none";
}
3)Masterpage ,onrender for Header2
if (1==parseInt(reportContext.getGlobalVariable("someVariable"))) {
this.getStyle().display="none";
}
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Your best bet would be to create a different masterpage to use with each dataSet's table in your report.
Suneel Mac
Thank You for reply..<br />
<br />
It is working fine...<br />
<br />
i want to display page number's from a specific page of a report...<br />
i.e.,<br />
<br />
Example:-<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>My report has 6 pages.. <br />
<br />
first page i used Masterpage1.<br />
For remaining pages i used 2nd Master page...<br />
<br />
In 1st Masterpage i Hide the Pagenumber in the footer..(i dont want page number in that first header page)<br />
<br />
<br />
I want page number's for second header only stating from one...<br />
<br />
But my Issue is...<br />
<br />
When i am trying this.. In my 2nd page(it is showing Page2) .But here i want to start from page1.<br />
</strong><br />
<br />
<br />
How we handle page numbers customization?in the report where ever u want , from thatpage only the pagenumber is started from 1,2,3...till report end<br />
<br />
<em class='bbc'><strong class='bbc'>can you help me on this issue?</strong></em><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks & regards<br />
SuneelKumar
mwilliams
What is your BIRT version?