Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Auto-trimming from Oracle query
Sepph
Hi,
I'm having issues when trying to display padded rows from an Oracle Query.
Basically, any white space before some text is trimmed out automatically (added with LPAD or simple concatenation for instance). As my query returns an union with different padding options for each row, the BIRT padding property wouldn't do the trick.
I've tried the whitespace options but none of them seem to change anything.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
So, you're doing a concatenation in your oracle query and BIRT is trimming away your separator spaces? If so, have you tried doing the concatenation inside BIRT instead?
Sepph
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="77643" data-time="1306435915" data-date="26 May 2011 - 11:51 AM"><p>
So, you're doing a concatenation in your oracle query and BIRT is trimming away your separator spaces? If so, have you tried doing the concatenation inside BIRT instead?<br /></p></blockquote>
Thanks for the reply!<br />
<br />
As I said, the query needs to return rows with different indentations. For instance:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>CHAPTER I
SUBCHAPTER 1
CATEGORY ii
SUBCHAPTER 2
SUBCHAPTER 3
etc.</pre>
<br />
Applying an indent in BIRT would give me something like:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>CHAPTER I
SUBCHAPTER 1
CATEGORY ii
SUBCHAPTER 2
SUBCHAPTER 3</pre>
mwilliams
Just an idea, if you can figure out in your query what "level" the value needs to be indented to, could you pass and "indentation value" along with the value, like 1, 2, 3, etc? Then, you could convert this indentation value into spaces in BIRT. I haven't tried it, but maybe that could be a workaround for your added spaces not working.