Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
individual sort order/sequence
birtprofi
Hi guys,
I have a difficult problem and at the moment I don?t have any idea how to fix it. Maybe it is not possible. But some of you are genius and so I think maybe someone has an idea.
My problem:
I have a cross tab with names (dimensions):
for example:
Mark (1)
Michael (2)
Tom (3)
Zelda (4)
Now I could make a sorting A-Z, or 1-10 and so on. But I need a sorting based on individual parameter entry. For example the user should input parameter like 3, 1, 4, 2
and the crosstab should order the rows like
Tom (3)
Mark (1)
Zelda (4)
Michael (2)
The sense of this is to bring the important names (values) on the first site of the report and the less important values on site 2 - .....
thanks for your help
kind regards
rafael
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi rafael,
Sorry for the delayed response. Your post got pushed down the pages fast. You can create a computed columns in your dataSet that assigns a value to your rows in the order that you want them. In your dataCube, you can assign this new column as an attribute to your "name" dimension. Finally, you can now sort your name dimension group on the attribute value rather than the alphabetical order. Hope this helps.
birtprofi
Hi Michael,
thanks for your answer. With computed columns I worked already. Actually I change my sort order with a parameter checkbox and a computed column.
if (params["Sortierreihenfolge"].equals("2")) (row["kst_name"]) + (row["MA_NAME"])
else
if (params["Sortierreihenfolge"].equals("1")) (row["MA_NAME"]) + (row["kst_name"])
else
if (params["Sortierreihenfolge"].equals("3")) (row["KOL_NAME"]) + (row["MA_NAME"])
else
if (params["Sortierreihenfolge"].equals("4")) (row["KOL_NAME"]) + (row["kst_name"]) + (row["MA_NAME"])
But the specification should be, that the user could change the sort order by allocate e.g. numbers.
First I thought about to run a report with my data (names) and blank fields where the user could type in the numbers and than drill through to the second report. But I think it is not possible to make a birt report where the user could type into something.
Any idea?
kind regards
Rafael
mwilliams
You might be able to put in a html text box and use html to put in a box for them to enter text into, then use <a href> tag to create drill through using the user's value to help in sorting. I haven't done it, but it seems that it should be possible.