Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
2 Table header
Atar Singh
Hi,
I am using Eclipse Helios 3.6 version to create BIRT report.
I have to create report as per attachment.
1.Table Header -Header 1-Hard coded-To show on every page
2.Table Header -Header 2-Dynamic data from Oracle using sql-on First page only
3.Table Header -Header 3-Dynamic data from Oracle using sql-on First page only
4. Data with group by clause-Can be of any length i.e. 2 or more pages
In current scenario, Header 2 and Header 3 to every page along with data from group by query.
I have to show these on page 1 only.It should not display on every other Page.
Or
How Can I make a table with Header(hard coded)-->than below two rows populated from data -->below Group by function in table ?
Your Help is highly Appreciated.
Thanks,
Atar Singh
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Try putting this in the onRender script of the second and third header rows:
if (pageNumber > 1){
this.getStyle().display = "none";
}
Atar Singh
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="77687" data-time="1306522473" data-date="27 May 2011 - 11:54 AM"><p>
Try putting this in the onRender script of the second and third header rows:<br />
<br />
if (pageNumber > 1){<br />
this.getStyle().display = "none";<br />
}<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Terrific....replied soon.Thanks.<br />
<br />
Here ,Page is dynamic based on data,this report could come on third/fourth ..... based on data.So,I can not hard code the page number.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Atar Singh
mwilliams
I'm not sure I understand. You said you have to show it on page 1 only. Can you explain more?
Atar Singh
Actually,There are two parts of this report.Part-1 is working correctly and can have any number of pages.let's say 4 pages.Than from page -5, Part-2 starts,which i am discussing here.
So,Part-1 and Part-2 are with dynamic data.
I have to create report for Part-2 as per attachment.
1.Table Header -Header 1-Hard coded-To show on every page on part-2
2.Table Header -Header 2-Dynamic data from Oracle using sql-on First page of part-2
3.Table Header -Header 3-Dynamic data from Oracle using sql-on First page of part-2
4.Data with group by clause-Can be of any length i.e. 2 or more pages
In current scenario, Header 2 and Header 3 are coming on every page along with data from group by query.
I have to show these once on part-2,first page only.It should not be displayed on every other Page.
Thanks,
Atar Singh
mwilliams
Try initializing a variable in the initialize method:
secondSectionStart = 0;
Then, set the value in the onCreate of the header:
secondSectionStart = pageNumber;
Finally, do what I said above only with the variable "secondSectionStart" in place of the 1. Hopefully that works.
Atar Singh
Hi,
To be more specific, I have attached a .rptdesign,
While, running this,
Customer and 1 to 8 are seen as seperate table header on First and every page,
But i want,from next page onwards,only Customer header shouldbe seen and header-1-8 should be hidden.
Please note, Here Customer header can start from any page,it might be 3 rd page/4th Page...but header 1-8 should not be seen later.
mwilliams
I added another table before your table, so that there was a random amount of pages before the second table so that I'd have to find a dynamic pageNumber to hide the 1-8 header on the second page of the second table. Take a look. Is this what you mean? I had to use a PGV to pass the page number value for the start of the table, but it works in the web viewer.
Atar Singh
Thanks a lot,
Please goto page 9 of pdf,Header1 row 1-4 and Header2 row 5-8 are seen.That is correct.But same header1 and header2 are coming on every page,
I mean, Header1 row 1-4 and Header2 row 5-8 are seen on very page.
While,my requirement isto show [Header1 row 1-4 and Header2 row 5-8] on page-9 only(asper pdf).
These header rows should not come on other pages.Should only display once.
Thanks,
Atar Singh
Atar Singh
Thnaks a lot. This issue is resolved.
mwilliams
I see that the PDF export does not do the same as the web viewer. I had not looked at that. What did you do to resolve your issue?
Atar Singh
Hi,
Actually, We were looking for three table header:
Header 1
Header 2
Header 3
On 1st First Page, all three headers should be displayed.
In Next page:
1.Only Header 1 must be displayed.
2.Header 2 and 3 should not be displayed.
Soloution is:
After selecting Header 2 and header 3 - in Advanced tab - set "Repeatable" as "false" .
had to do a lot R & D
mwilliams
Ha. I spend so much time trying to figure out non standard features, that sometimes I completely forget about them! Sorry about that! I wasn't thinking that simple at all!
Atar Singh
That's fine,we can understand as you are too busy,
We have some minor cosmetic issues in our plate,related to multi axis chart and spacing issue between two lines , that i will post soon after giving them some try.
Thanks a lot for giving your precious time.