Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
rptdocument not rendering correctly on new server
AJames
Hello,
I'm in the process of deploying a new server from which we process our BIRT reports. We generate the rptdocument files overnight and then present them to the user using the JavaBridge. The JavaBridge on the new server should be the same version as on the old server.
I've just copied some rptdocuments from the old server to the new. When they are rendered by the JavaBridge there are some fields based on calculations that are blank where there should be values.
I suspect that the JavaBridge is different in some way, but I was wondering if anyone else has come across something like this, and what they did to fix it? Also, if someone could point me to the most likely location for the log files that would be appreciated.
Thanks,
James
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
James,
In the web-inf/lib directory of the JavaBridge there is a jar named birtEngine.jar. Unzip it and see if there is a BirtConfig.properties file in the jar. If there is not one you can either add it or create a new one. If you create a new one zip it and rename it to a .jar extension and make sure it is in the web-inf/lib directory. In the file put two entries like:
logDirectory=c:/temp
logLevel=FINEST
Then add this to the php file before getting the BIRT engine.
java("org.eclipse.birt.php.birtengine.BirtEngine")->initBirtConfig();
It sounds like you have two different runtimes.
Jason
AJames
Hi Jason,
Thanks for the tip on the logging - I'll definitely implement that. I think that there are definitely at least two versions of something on the server so I'll have to try and tidy it up.
I did actually find what the problem with my rptdocument files was. There was a divide by zero error. On the old server the error was ignored, but the new server didn't like it!
Thanks again,
James
JasonW
Glad you got it working.
Jason