Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Separate graph for each of the groups in a query
rbibb
I have probably overlooked the functionality but I can't find what I would like to do regarding charts
I would like to plot a number of charts based on a single grouped query. As an example, say I have customer data for a garage selling cars and each day for each car I keep record of how many people look at each car. At the end of the year I want to be able to show a chart for each of the cars I sell. As a single query this information is easily accessed but it looks like I have to manually create a chart for each of the group members (cars in this example).
In my real example I have over 70 groups so a single chart with multiple plots would be far too cluttered.
Can BIRT do what I want automatically?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Yes. If you create a table with your data and group it by "car", you can put a chart in the group footer and use the container's data and put your date on the x-axis and the number sold on the y-axis. That should do it.
rbibb
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="77776" data-time="1306860384" data-date="31 May 2011 - 09:46 AM"><p>
Yes. If you create a table with your data and group it by "car", you can put a chart in the group footer and use the container's data and put your date on the x-axis and the number sold on the y-axis. That should do it.<br /></p></blockquote>
Perfect. Many thanks
mwilliams
Not a problem. Let us know whenever you have questions!