Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
SEVERE: CREATE_EXTENSION_FAIL
wizkid
Hi,
I'm having problems rendering my report into html or pdf through standalone java program.
Although I can view my report in the Report Design preview, I'm not able to run and render it in a java program.
I have tried alot and could only succeed to run and render a table and not a chart in my standalone program.
this message is popping up everytime I try to run it "SEVERE: CREATE_EXTENSION_FAIL" , it just makes a file without a chart and no I'm not using it through a webserver.
Yes I have looked in to the forum and I also added a -DSTANDALONE parameter.
In the birt zip folder:
To see my code look at the uploaded Main.java file.
To see the jar includes I have made, see the jarincludes.txt file.
To see my exception array in eclipse see eclipseexception.txt file.
To see my html including the excpetion see htmlexception.txt file.
To see the original html file without the html exception see html.txt file.
I hope any of you can help me out with this problem, because it's taken me alot of time to debug this, and it kept me from proceding.
Thanks for your time.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
The zip file came through empty. Can you post your code by pasting into message? You need to set birt home to point to a directory that contains the birt runtime download. The directory that it points to should contain a plugins directory and a configuration directory. The plugins should contain all plugins from birt-runtime-2_6_2\ReportEngine\plugins. The configuration directory should only contain config.ini. lastly add all the jars from \birt-runtime-2_6_2\ReportEngine\lib to your classpath.
Jason
wizkid
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="77824" data-time="1306935180" data-date="01 June 2011 - 06:33 AM"><p>
The zip file came through empty. Can you post your code by pasting into message? You need to set birt home to point to a directory that contains the birt runtime download. The directory that it points to should contain a plugins directory and a configuration directory. The plugins should contain all plugins from birt-runtime-2_6_2\ReportEngine\plugins. The configuration directory should only contain config.ini. lastly add all the jars from \birt-runtime-2_6_2\ReportEngine\lib to your classpath.<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I haven't really set the birt home variable but I thought <br />
<br />
"config.setEngineHome( "C:/birt-runtime-2_1_1/birt-runtime-2_1_1/ReportEngine" );"<br />
<br />
would do the trick. I would've like to post the right data but something went wrong when I uploaded it and I can't reach it till tomorrow.<br />
Yes I have added all the jars in the \lib directory. Next to those jars I have added the db driver and a few jars that were required for the chart that I have found on the birt site.<br />
<br />
<br />
Are there things I need to put in the config.ini file?<br />
<br />
EDIT:<br />
I forgot to say that the exception bundle I got didn't look like the exceptions I saw the other people who posted it.
wizkid
Nevermind I downloaded the eclipse version with Reporter install, and removed the ..chart.extension and other chart requirement jars and got it to work. But kept the ReporterEngine jars and set the homedirectory.
Thanks