Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Multiple reports depending on parameter
Dhanya
All,
In my report, I have the following requirement.
I have a custom Work item called object. The hierarchy where this fits is as below
Iteration1 (Maintenance) - > Iteration 2 (Waves - Wave1, Wave2 etc) --> contains many many Objects.
Inside each object I have a field called 'Planned for' which indicates which wave it is part of.
The report is designed for each object. (I take it in .xls and then to .txt)I have restricted user from selecting many objects at a time using display type for the object as Combo. So that user can select only one object.
But the user might need to get independent .xls files for all the objects belonging to a wave.
So if he selects the 'Planned for' as Wave1, then he should get different .xls for each of the objects under that.
What will be the solution? It is not a simple page break.
Thanks
Dhanya
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
So, you want a separate report to be ran for each object under the wave rather than just separating them to different pages? If so, you'd probably have to edit the XLS emitter to create a new file for each different group, or something like that. Or, you could possibly do your parameters external to BIRT and actually run the report for each individual object in the selected "wave", so that each one runs separately.
Dhanya
Hi Michael,
I don't have much information on Xls emitter. But I can search.
I will come back if I need further help..
Thank you
Dhanya
Dhanya
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Dhanya'" data-cid="77956" data-time="1307106602" data-date="03 June 2011 - 06:10 AM"><p>
Hi Michael,<br />
<br />
I don't have much information on Xls emitter. But I can search.<br />
<br />
I will come back if I need further help..
<br />
<br />
Thank you<br />
Dhanya<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Michael,<br />
<br />
I need your help in editing the XL emitter.<br />
How can I start with this topic?<br />
Please let me know.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Dhanya
mwilliams
I have not edited the XLS emitter, so I don't know what all you'll have to do for this, but you'll just need to grab the plugin for the XLS emitter from the plugins folder and unjar it. After you edit it, you'll have to re-jar it and replace the old emitter. I'm not sure what all is going to have to be done. Writing a java program to run the report for separate values to get the separate reports might end up being easier.
kallem
Download Birt sources. In the plugins folder there is org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.prototype.excel packet where you can find Excel emitter files.
Dhanya
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="80630" data-time="1311733583" data-date="26 July 2011 - 07:26 PM"><p>
I have not edited the XLS emitter, so I don't know what all you'll have to do for this, but you'll just need to grab the plugin for the XLS emitter from the plugins folder and unjar it. After you edit it, you'll have to re-jar it and replace the old emitter. I'm not sure what all is going to have to be done. Writing a java program to run the report for separate values to get the separate reports might end up being easier.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Michael,<br />
<br />
If I am to choose between the two devils, I will got for the Java programming.<br />
But I do not have a clear picture of how to do this.<br />
For the example Iteration1 (Maintenance) - > Iteration 2 (Waves - Wave1, Wave2 etc) --> contains many many Objects, <br />
For each of the object I need to say, 'go and give the report' but how do i make the object give the report... can u give me an example of a Java program accessing these?<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Dhanya
mwilliams
Not sure if I'm understanding correctly, but you would probably have to have a report or reports designed that would work with the objects within your wave object. In your Java, you'd have to call the BIRT engine to run the needed report with the parameters required to run the report only for the current object. So, you'd loop through your object of objects, running a report for each. This is how I'm looking at it anyways, with my current understanding. Let me know.