Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
CannotGetResultSetMetaData
ToK
Hi there,
when I'm using sub queries like:
select cc.id, (select name from mykey ck where id = cc.mykeyid) as MyName
from myval cc where myvalkeyid = '52'
which runs proper in any other tool (Query Analyser, Excel, PHP, ACTUATE) I'm receiving an error message in BIRT:
cut
A BIRT exception occurred.
Plug-in Provider:Eclipse.org
Plug-in Name:BIRT Data Engine
Plug-in ID:org.eclipse.birt.data
Version:2.6.2.r262_v20110215
Error Code:odaconsumer.CannotGetResultSetMetaData
Error Message:Cannot get the result set metadata.
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: SQL statement does not return a ResultSet object.
SQL error #1:Incorrect syntax near ')'.;
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Incorrect syntax near ')'.
cut
Without sub select, it works. Any hints how to sort that problem out?
Thanks in advance!
ToK
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans_vd
I'm not entirely sure about the reason behind this, but I think it has something to do with BIRT not being able to get the datatype of the name column.<br />
<br />
Also, this is not the standard way of writing such a query. Try this:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
select cc.id,
ck.name as MyName
from myval cc, mykey ck
where ck.id = cc.mykeyid
and myvalkeyid = '52'
</pre>
<br />
You might need an outer join instead of an inner join if your result has less rows than you expect.<br />
<br />
Regards<br />
Hans
ToK
Thanks Hans, <br />
I have some quite big and complex queries, written in "this" style to migrate into BIRT. I would appreciate<br />
a solution which prevents the rewriting of those queries. I thought on a possibility of manual mapping.<br />
<br />
ACTUATE designer doesn't have problems with this query style.<br />
<br />
br, Toralf<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Hans_vd'" data-cid="77828" data-time="1306935935" data-date="01 June 2011 - 06:45 AM"><p>
I'm not entirely sure about the reason behind this, but I think it has something to do with BIRT not being able to get the datatype of the name column.<br />
<br />
Also, this is not the standard way of writing such a query. Try this:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
select cc.id,
ck.name as MyName
from myval cc, mykey ck
where ck.id = cc.mykeyid
and myvalkeyid = '52'
</pre>
<br />
You might need an outer join instead of an inner join if your result has less rows than you expect.<br />
<br />
Regards<br />
Hans<br /></p></blockquote>
ToK
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'tok'" data-cid="77817" data-time="1306927979" data-date="01 June 2011 - 04:32 AM"><p>
Hi there,<br />
when I'm using sub queries like:<br />
<br />
select cc.id, (select name from mykey ck where id = cc.mykeyid) as MyName <br />
from myval cc where myvalkeyid = '52'<br />
<br />
which runs proper in any other tool (Query Analyser, Excel, PHP, ACTUATE) I'm receiving an error message in BIRT:<br />
<br />
cut
<br />
A BIRT exception occurred.<br />
Plug-in Provider:Eclipse.org<br />
Plug-in Name:BIRT Data Engine<br />
Plug-in ID:org.eclipse.birt.data<br />
Version:2.6.2.r262_v20110215<br />
Error Code:odaconsumer.CannotGetResultSetMetaData<br />
Error Message:Cannot get the result set metadata.<br />
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: SQL statement does not return a ResultSet object.<br />
SQL error #1:Incorrect syntax near ')'.;<br />
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Incorrect syntax near ')'.<br />
cut
<br />
<br />
Without sub select, it works. Any hints how to sort that problem out?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance!<br />
<br />
ToK<br /></p></blockquote>
ToK
Hi,
I'v got a solution with using net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver (JTDS 1.2 v1.2)
br,
ToK