Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Working with cross tab
dsrikanth
Hi everyone,
I want to know how to work with cross tab to get desired result? I am attaching expected pdf output, csv file, My test report.
Please any one of you design it for me to get desired result.. Or tell me how to design. Attached samle report is not working with actual query. Only for some of the columns it is fine, but if give more columns for left group it is not working (Blank report). Is it right approch or not to get desired result. I don't much more about birt and crosstab.
It is very urgent. Kindly help me.
I am using tomcat 6.0, Oralce Database, Birt 2.6, eclipse 3.6, windows xp
Thanks in advance,
Srikanth D.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
So, does the test report with the CSV have the same issue that you're saying is happening? Or is it when you run a query report that it's failing?
mwilliams
I ran the CSV report and it eventually came in PDF as like 380 pages or something like that. It appeared to be very similar to what you expected based on your attached PDF. Let me know.
dsrikanth
Thanks williams for testing my report,
my problem is when i run the report it is producing very big file inside the documents folder of tomcat/birt. The details are
exported csv file for the same query is 8.65MB
when i run query inside report, file in document folder is 663MB.
while generating report(generating file inside document folder) CPU usage is 98% and Mem usage is 956,920K
after generating the report when click next button it is taking CUP of 98% and mem 1,000,816K taking 5min of time.
I am attaching log file of tomcat for ref.
I started report at 10:12, i assume that at 11:13 query given the whole data, i saw the report on web page at 11:58, what happened here? actually query taking 58min time to give whole data(when i export it from database) but the report taking appr 2hr time to display the data. Is it right?
why it is producing that much of file inside the document folder? if run the report on huge data (95MB csv for 1 month data) it may produce a very big file. in order to store that inside the ram to process it is giving the outofmemory exception.
i am attaching my report, i am facing problem to place the report parameters on top of report as title. how to place TOTAL_STOCKQTY inside the grand totals, and how to calculate the TOTAL_STOCKVAL (TOTAL_STOCKQTY * RATE) and place inside the grand totals group, date map is not working, if get null value how to display '-' in that place, it is displaying 01-Jan-001.
2.66GH processor, 1.25GB Mem, BIRT 2.6
Pls help me.
Thanks in advance.
Srikant D
mwilliams
If it took an hour to get the data, you'd have to assume it'll take at least the same to process the data and render it. As for the issue with the parameter as the title, what issue are you having? I can't run your report, so I don't know what the issue is. As far as the report document. When you use the run and render tasks separately, this document is created as an intermediate file between tasks. You can set a different location for this file if it helps, using the __document url parameter.
dsrikanth
Thanks for the reply williams,<br />
<br />
I have a problem placing the aggregate function inside the grand totals group. I am attaching image file for the reference, here <strong class='bbc'>Stock Qty</strong> col which is coming from query into grand totals grouop, and how to use aggregate to calculate <strong class='bbc'>Stock Val</strong> (Stock Qty * Rate) and place inside the grand totals group. The <strong class='bbc'>Rate</strong> is same for each and every unit (ADIDAS MHCC, ADIDAS MID CITY...) in that row. <strong class='bbc'>Sales Qty, Sales Val</strong> are sum of <strong class='bbc'>Sales Qty, Sales Val</strong> of all units, i am displaying it successfully.<br />
<br />
The output at <strong class='bbc'>grand totals</strong> group should be<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>Grand Total
Sales Qty | Sales Val | Stock Qty | Stock Val
0 | 0.00 | 0 | 0.00</pre>
<br />
And how to place selected parameter value inside the report. I tried it with dynamic text as<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>Stock And Sale Report From + <VALUE-OF>params["From Date"].value</VALUE-OF> + To + <VALUE-OF>params["To Date"].value</VALUE-OF></pre>
It is showing as it is, what is the problem, how to place parameter value inside the report.<br />
I am unable to place '-' for the <strong class='bbc'>Last Grn Dt</strong> column if it is null or empty, how to do, it is displaying <strong class='bbc'>01-Jan-001</strong>.<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance,<br />
Srikanth D
mwilliams
I think you'll have to place a grid into the last column of the grand total column and put one field in one cell and your calculated data element in the other cell. I'm pretty sure there isn't a derivedTotal option like you can do to add a derivedMeasure column in the measures area. As for the displaying of the parameter, it sounds like the issue is that you need to select HTML from the drop down at the top of the text editor.