Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Different scopes in a BIRT report
preethilk
Hi,
What are the different scopes in BIRT report?
I get 'reportContext' is undefined under some of the BIRT events.
Can you please help in providing the understanding on the different scopes.
Thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Can you explain more specifically what you're wanting to know?
preethilk
I need to access global variable / persistent global variable across the report.
In order to get access to those variable, I may need to use the reportContext scope.
Some of the BIRT Report Events allows the 'reportContext.getPersistentGlobalVariable("var1")' and gets me the value.
But some of the other BIRT Report Events leaves the Error message, 'reportContext' is undefined.
Being a newbie, not sure about the scope of the reportContext and other scopes if any like pageContext, and the scope of those across the BIRT Report/ Chart Life cycle events. Need help in getting the understanding of these..
Thanks,
Preethi
mwilliams
Maybe this will help you some:
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/reportScripting.php