Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
alternate crosstab rows colour with lines invisible
XFabien
Hello BIRTers,
Does someone know how to do make alternate rows colour for crosstab,if there are one or more invisible lines?
like this :
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Yao,
How would you be hiding your rows? Filtering the dimensions? Or visibility expressions? If visibility expressions, why not use a filter? Either way, how do you know what row you'll hide? A parameter? Let me know.
XFabien
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="78054" data-time="1307392564" data-date="06 June 2011 - 01:36 PM"><p>
Yao,<br />
<br />
How would you be hiding your rows? Filtering the dimensions? Or visibility expressions? If visibility expressions, why not use a filter? Either way, how do you know what row you'll hide? A parameter? Let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Michael,<br />
<br />
I tried to use a filter, but my crosstab?vertical? has just 2 demensions ( frequency for the column name, and 5 lines of mesures), just like the ex that I have added here before. I'll hide some with the visibility expressions, so I need to identify the invisible line when I make the output report. <br />
So that's hard for me, cause I don't know very well javascript.<br />
<br />
thank you<br />
<br />
Yao
mwilliams
In your example report, you only end up with 2 rows after hiding the middle one. So, in this example you'd want the top row gray and the bottom row white? Something like that? Do you have a condition on which you'd hide the middle row? How will you know? You can use the same condition you use in your visibility expression in the javascript when you're figuring out which row to not count in your highlight. Let me know what the expression would be. Or if you're just going to hide it to run some reports, let me know. I'll try to figure something out for you for that if that's the case.
XFabien
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="78068" data-time="1307399239" data-date="06 June 2011 - 03:27 PM"><p>
In your example report, you only end up with 2 rows after hiding the middle one. So, in this example you'd want the top row gray and the bottom row white? Something like that? Do you have a condition on which you'd hide the middle row? How will you know? You can use the same condition you use in your visibility expression in the javascript when you're figuring out which row to not count in your highlight. Let me know what the expression would be. Or if you're just going to hide it to run some reports, let me know. I'll try to figure something out for you for that if that's the case.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
mwilliams
Here is a post that Jason Weathersby just put in the devShare that is exactly the way I would probably have done it in the end. It is some script that shows you how to check if a row is hidden. Let me know if you have questions on implementing this.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1370-alternating-colors-with-hidden-rows/
XFabien
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="78166" data-time="1307541776" data-date="08 June 2011 - 07:02 AM"><p>
Here is a post that Jason Weathersby just put in the devShare that is exactly the way I would probably have done it in the end. It is some script that shows you how to check if a row is hidden. Let me know if you have questions on implementing this.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1370-alternating-colors-with-hidden-rows/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1370-alternating-colors-with-hidden-rows/</a><br
/></p></blockquote>
<br />
I did see this post, but I don't know how can I make it work for the crosstab. Sorry for asking this silly question.
mwilliams
Ok. I'll take a look at your newest design and put it together for you.
XFabien
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="78172" data-time="1307546601" data-date="08 June 2011 - 08:23 AM"><p>
Ok. I'll take a look at your newest design and put it together for you.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Thank you very much for your help!!!
mwilliams
Take a look at the attached example. The way I ended up doing it, I named the measure elements in the property editor. You'll find the rest of the script in the initialize event and in the onCreate of each label/element. Hope this helps.