Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
iPortal generate report failed
SriSudha
Hi,
Currently I am working on BIRT Reports. I am getting "18002 : iPortal generate report failed" when generating a report and the next message is "The server workspace storage for on demand transient reports is full.
From actuate forum i got information as the issue is related to Transient Store Size. This issue will occur for the large deployment with many concurrent users running small reports/fewer concurrent users running large reports/some of these types of users. Under these conditions, we must increase the values for some Actuate iPortal or iServer parameters from the default settings. To support the large deployment, which produces a substantial volume of synchronous, temporary reports, we have to increase the available iPortal transient store size to 2GB.
I have changed the transient store size to 2GB, in 2 days again I have got the same issue.I changed the size to 4GB. After that issue was not reproduced. I could see there are many temporary files are getting generated for every login. It might be the reason we are getting space issue. Changing the Transient store size is just a work around. Could you please tell me why the issue is occurring and what is the solution to come out of this issue other than work around.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
SriSudha
Till now I haven't received any reply to this thread. Can anybody please give reply to this issue. It is very urgent and very helpful to my work.