Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Count Distinct Filter for Blank spaces
csasaki
Hi
I'm Having problems with the "CountDistinct" because it counts blank spaces. Is there any way to filter them? what do i have to put to filter them?
Here is an example of whats happening
R0000001387 v3
Caso M
Caso B
2 1
R0000001387 v2
Caso O Caso H
Caso H Caso H
Caso A Caso H
3 1
R0000001387 v1
Caso O Caso A
Caso O Caso H
Caso O Caso O
Caso H Caso A
Caso H Caso H
Caso H Caso O
Caso A Caso A
Caso A Caso H
Caso A Caso O
3 3
As you can see, in the last items rows its correctly because there is no blank space but in the first item it counts as 1 but I need to count it like 0.
Please can you help me?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
For the filter you'd put something like row["rowName"]==null or row["rowName"]=="", whichever works to filter out your blank or null values, I believe.
csasaki
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="78140" data-time="1307483309" data-date="07 June 2011 - 02:48 PM"><p>
For the filter you'd put something like row["rowName"]==null or row["rowName"]=="", whichever works to filter out your blank or null values, I believe.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks! <br />
I did an !=null , i was trying before with a != notNull. But Thanks the null parameter works:)
mwilliams
Excellent. Let us know whenever you have questions!