Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
change cube dynamically.
Birtsnew
Hi,
I have a four crosstab, i wants to change the cube dynamically based on some condition using javascript.is any way to acheive the functionalitY?
Thanks in advance.
sam.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
What type of change are you trying to make? Can you explain a little more in detail?
Birtsnew
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="78184" data-time="1307555294" data-date="08 June 2011 - 10:48 AM"><p>
What type of change are you trying to make? Can you explain a little more in detail?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Hi William,<br />
<br />
1.I have five reports using crosstab.<br />
2.I wants to consolidate the five reports as a one report,every crosstab is bind with cube.<br />
3.I wants to create all reports cube in one report.<br />
4.And also wants to call the cube based on some condition.<br />
<br />
for example if(metric=="#")<br />
cube1<br />
else <br />
cube2 <br />
like this.<br />
<br />
Sam.
mwilliams
Ok, so the cubes have all the same groups, dimensions, measures, etc, but you just want to change which one the crosstab uses?
Birtsnew
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="78268" data-time="1307644089" data-date="09 June 2011 - 11:28 AM"><p>
Ok, so the cubes have all the same groups, dimensions, measures, etc, but you just want to change which one the crosstab uses?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Yes,the cubes are all same groups.<br />
Dataset1--->Cube1<br />
Dataset2--->Cube2<br />
Dataset3--->Cube3<br />
Dataset4--->Cube4<br />
<br />
like above.<br />
<br />
I enclosed the rpt screen shot also.i have 10 reports like the attached one.
mwilliams
From the looks of it, to change a cube, you'd also have to change all of the bindings in the crosstab as all the elements are named with their group name as well and you can't name the groups in the different crosstabs the same. The easiest might be to just build the crosstabs dynamically in script. I'll let you know if I find anything different.