Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Fill page with table
goerster
Hey everyone,
I need to know, how I can expand a table, so that it reaches the bottom of the page, though there are less lines.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Do you have a fixed row height? Or variable row heights? If fixed, you can add extra footer rows and hide/show them based on the rows in the table. If variable, it gets more complicated and less exact, but you can get close.
goerster
I have variable row heights, but I think it should be no problem to change this.
How can I hide/show extra footer rows based on the rows in the table?
mwilliams
You can add an aggregation to your table that tells you how many rows you have. With a fixed row height, you'd know how many rows would fit on each page, so, you'd therefore know given those two values, how many rows would be on the last page of the table. Knowing how many lines fit on a page and how many will be on the last page, you can hide/show the extra footer rows you added to your table to get the correct amount of rows to show. Let me know if this explanation is too confusing!
goerster
No it's not too confusing
I think I will try it next week...today I have to do other things. I'll inform you if I got it to work or if I need more help.
But thanks for your help so far
mwilliams
Take a look at this example from the devShare:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1355-extending-a-table-to-a-certain-number-of-rows-with-alternating-row-color/
goerster
it worked! thank you for your help
mwilliams
Not a problem. Let us know whenever you have questions!