Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Page Break Interval causes problems within a
PDFWizard
Edit: Sorry for the incomplete Thread title. Should be:
Page Break Interval causes problem within PDF Emitter development
Hi there,
I am currently working on a customized PDF-Emitter for the BIRT-Engine using the BIRT Report Rendering Extension API. Within that project the "Page Break Interval"-Option causes some problems.
When this option is set (e.g.) to the default-value (40) it always forces a page-break on the final PDF document after 40 rows.
The problem is that it's not considered if the table is the first element on a page or not. Hence it can happen that there are 20 Rows of the Table on the first page (where the table is not the first element) and then a page break on the next page is forced after the next 20 lines, although there is still plenty of space on that page for the rest of the table.
I would want the emitter to reset the "Page Break Interval" to the preset value after a page break, but I wasn't able to manage that. The problem is that I cannot influence the visitor (ContentEmitterVisitor) which starts the "startPage()"-method whenever the "Page Break Interval"-limit is reached, nor can I even get or set the value of the "Page Break Intverval"-Variable.
Is there any way to solve or avoid that problem?
I hope my problem is understandable and I would be pleased with any answers.
Best Regards
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Can you set the page break interval to 0? BTW 3.7 has some improvements with page break interval and page variables.
Jason
PDFWizard
I used the BIRT Report Rendering Extension API and created a new Eclipse Pug-in Project like described in Chapter 19 in your book "Integrating and Extending BIRT 2cond Edition". So I have the class PDFReportEmitter which includes the initialze- method and the methods like startPage, startTable, startText, endTable, ...
To Launch our PDF Report, I use a modified version of the ExecuteReport-Class which can be downloaded here:
http://www.actuate.com/birt/contributions
Is it possible to set the Page Break Interval to 0 after running the ExecuteReportClass?
Actually I am working with BIRT 2.6.2. Do you know, when version 3.7 will be released?
JasonW
Page breaks are created at run time not render, so this will be an issue and I do not know a work around. BIRT 3.7 will be out Jun 22, 2011.
Jason
PDFWizard
Thank you for your help! Maybe I can solve the problem, when BIRT 3.7 will be out.