Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Help me with crosstab
Guap
I need to create a report with 6 datasource
and to show
Conceptos datasource1 datasource2 datasource3
concepto1 | 10 5 15
concepto2 | 5
concepto3 | 4
and I don?t know how to do with crosstab
help me please
I need to create the 6 datasource and 6 datasets?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
If you have a field called "Conceptos" in each dataSet, your best way will be to make joint dataSets and join all of your dataSets together. It would be even better if you could do this in SQL if you're using it, but this will be easiest in BIRT if you can make them into one dataSet.
Guap
thanks for replay,
I'll try and comment ok
mwilliams
Sounds good. Just let me know!
Guap
I have problems :huh: <br />
I explain better, my query sql consulting the number of students there are for programs 'X', but can return 3 or 4 programs<br />
therewith, the query is in 6 schemas<br />
results of query:<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>schema 1</strong><br />
<span class='bbc_underline'>programs...number</span><br />
program1...15<br />
program2...10<br />
program3...10<br />
program4...14<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>schema 2</strong><br />
<span class='bbc_underline'>programs...number</span><br />
program2...5<br />
program3...18<br />
.<br />
.<br />
<strong class='bbc'>schema6</strong><br />
<span class='bbc_underline'>programs...number</span><br />
program1...6<br />
program3...10<br />
<br />
<br />
and should be just like that:<br />
...........schema1..schema2......schema6<br />
program1.....15.....................6<br />
program2.....10.......5<br />
program3.....10.......18............10<br />
program4.....14<br />
<br />
Thank you for your help
mwilliams
Joining them on "program" should still work. You'd join 2, create a computed column to merge the 2 program columns, then join it with another, create the computed column again, etc. Then, you'd have separate columns for each "schema" and in the final dataSet you'd have another computed column that merges the "programs" together. If you give me a few CSV files for each schema, I can make you an example, if needed. Just let me know you BIRT version if you do.
Guap
thank you very much, for your help <br />
<br />
is resolved, I used 'joins'
<br />
<br />
and group for 'schemas' and 'programs'<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/public/style_emoticons/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/public/style_emoticons/</a><#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif
regards GURU
mwilliams
Great to hear. Let us know whenever you have questions!