Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report Parameter Does Not Exist
MarkW
I had created a BIRT report where I have a report parameter called rServer that would represent the server where the database was located.
In the Data Source property binding under JDBC Driver URL, I would see if this parameter has any values, and if so, use this value to dynamically set the URL.
The problem I have is when I create a dataset, and provide a query and select ok, I keep getting an error that the report param 'rServer' does not exist. But it does exist. If I remove the Data Source property binding, the query then executes. If I put the Data Source property binding back and modify the query and select ok, it shows that same error again.
Attached is a sample file. To reproduce, just open the dataset, modify the query and select ok.
Version: Helios Service Release 2
Build id: 20110218-0911
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Do you have a default value for the parameter? This might be the issue. Also, if the error is only coming when you're in the dataSet editor, but not when you actually run the report, you can probably just ignore the error.
MarkW
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="78275" data-time="1307648941" data-date="09 June 2011 - 12:49 PM"><p>
Do you have a default value for the parameter? This might be the issue. Also, if the error is only coming when you're in the dataSet editor, but not when you actually run the report, you can probably just ignore the error.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
It does seem to still run the report even after I modify the query. So that is good. However, since the error happens after I change the query (and although, rerunning the report works with new query), the Data Set does not show all the query items, it's empty. So if I needed to modify the report and drag the data set items to the report, they are not there. What I need to do is remove the Property Binding, refresh the data set which reestablishes the data set items, and then modify the report with the items I want and then put the Property Binding back. <br />
<br />
This doesn't seem like it should be this way.
MarkW
Forgot to mention, I do NOT have a default value for the parameter.
mwilliams
What happens if you put a default value in? You could definitely log a bug for this at
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/
.
cirovladim
Sorry to bring back this issue but I have the exact same problem. Did anyone created a bug report for this where I could track changes?
Thankyou!
P.S. I followed MarkW suggestion; remove JDBC Driver URL property binding, darg items to report and then add property binding again. That did the trick!
mwilliams
You might search the bugs at the link above and see if one was created. If not, you could log it and post the bug info in here for future reference. You could also try downloading 3.7.1, unless you're already using it and seeing if it has the same issue.