Hi guys,
my first post to this forum so I might not port to the right section... nevertheless this looks the most appropriate i think.
What I try to do is to get Birt to use a DataSet that returns multiple result sets (a stored procedure call). I can do something for that using scripted data source but it just fell bad to play with all that JS in Rhino (not to mention the fact that I have to add the dataset columns manually) so I thought a custom ODA might make more sense.
I will like to have two kind of datasets in my custom data source, one will actually use an SQL statement just like the JDBC dataset to get the data in one call (root dataset), and I will like to define another type of dataset that will be a child of the first one... meaning it will use a second result set returned by the executeQuery statement call.
The issue I'm facing right now is that for the child dataset in the dataset design wizard I thought it will be possible to find out what other datasets were defined for the same data connection and be able to 'link' them in some way... I din't seem to find the proper way to get that list of datasets from within DataSetWizardPage.
Any thoughts, anything that might help... especially a better, easier solution if available

Regards,
Marian