Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Multi-record display?
ThatRandom
Hello.
I have a report working which currently uses a table layout to display the necessary (single-item) data, but I'd prefer to have it displayed on a single line, all of the data separated by commas.
So, if the data is
a
b
c
I'd prefer
a, b, c
Is there a way to do this in BIRT? If so, does it require writing a function?
Any help appreciated!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You can create a computed column in your dataSet or an aggregation in your table footer that uses the concatenate function. Let me know if you have any questions on this.
ThatRandom
I thought it was something to do with the BirtStr concat function, but I don't know how to loop through the data from the dataSet. From what I've done so far, I've only been able to get one dataSet row concatenating. Are you sure that it's applicable here?<br />
<br />
For instance, I run:<br />
<br />
<span style='font-family: Courier New'>SELECT CourseName FROM Sites WHERE Location='UK'</span><br />
<br />
which returns <br />
<br />
<span style='font-family: Courier New'><br />
Abingdon<br />
Aldeburgh<br />
Ascot<br />
...<br />
</span><br />
<br />
How can I use the concatenate function on the same data on different rows?
mwilliams
In a computed column you have the option to use an aggregation function. This is what I meant. If you use this, it will aggregate over the entire dataSet for you.
ThatRandom
Oh right, sorry, I'd overlooked concatenate in the aggregation function. Thank you, that did the trick nicely.
mwilliams
Not a problem at all. Glad to help! Let us know whenever you have questions!