Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Engine capabilities
techramesh
I am new to BIRT and I hope you would clarify me on following,
With BIRT engine(Open source download), it it possible to schedule report generation at specific time?
For example at 1am everyday, I need to pull the data and generate the report and deploy it in web-application server like Tomcat? Is this possible?
Also If I connect to oracle datasource using JDBC/JDBC-ODBC driver, whether I can access stored procedures defined in oracle for pulling data?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
You can access stored proecedures with open source BIRT. The open source engine does not have scheduling built in, although you could always use the windows scheduler/or a cron job to run the report and place the results in a web app.
Jason
techramesh
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="78389" data-time="1307974036" data-date="13 June 2011 - 07:07 AM"><p>
You can access stored proecedures with open source BIRT. The open source engine does not have scheduling built in, although you could always use the windows scheduler/or a cron job to run the report and place the results in a web app.<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks Jason, I misjudjed my requirement. In fact I need to schedule the report and once the report is run, I need to email the report. Is there any possibility of doing it with windows scheduler or with BIRT?
JasonW
Have you seen this post?
http://digiassn.blogspot.com/2006/07/birt-birt-report-scheduling-without.html
Jason