Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Save report instead of open report after running reports
zzhang
Hi all,
I run birt report in report designer.
I just met with a annoying problem but I didn't remember what stupid change I made.
Before, if I select run->View reprot->As XLS, then I got a dialog window, asking me if I want to save the report or open the report after the report is generated.
I refer to save the report to a folder.
Now, the dialog will disappear right after the report is done, and the report will open automatically, if I want to save it, I need to choose save as.
Could someone tell me how to change the settings so I can choose to save report instead of opening it???
Thanks a lot!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Did you possibly deselect the "Always ask this when opening this kind of file" check box on the Open/Save popup?
zzhang
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="78420" data-time="1308003674" data-date="13 June 2011 - 03:21 PM"><p>
Did you possibly deselect the "Always ask this when opening this kind of file" check box on the Open/Save popup?<br /></p></blockquote>
I didn't see this option.... <br />
Here is what I did before:<br />
Run->View Report->As XLS, fill in parameters, report running, pop up asking me want to save/open/cancel, I save.<br />
Now:<br />
Run->View Report->As XLS, fill in parameters, report running, pop up appear for a sec and disappear at once(I have no chance to catch it), report open in editor, I save report into one place.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Ziyang
mwilliams
Ziyang,
On my computer, when I run as XLS, I get the popup asking if I want to Open or Save or Cancel. Then, below it, there is a checkbox that essentially disables this from popping up each time. I would guess you accidentally unchecked the box and it no longer pops up. I'm not sure where you would go to reverse this setting. If I find it, I'll let you know.
zzhang
Hi Williams,<br />
Thanks so much for your help! This is what I thought, too!<br />
I searched all the menus in Birt Report Designer, I didn't find any place to reverse this setting....<br />
Maybe it is a bug??:)<br />
I do see a dialog popup flash every time I run report. But it disappears so fast, I can't catch it and change the checkbox...<br />
Thanks again,<br />
Ziyang <br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="78478" data-time="1308074083" data-date="14 June 2011 - 10:54 AM"><p>
Ziyang,<br />
<br />
On my computer, when I run as XLS, I get the popup asking if I want to Open or Save or Cancel. Then, below it, there is a checkbox that essentially disables this from popping up each time. I would guess you accidentally unchecked the box and it no longer pops up. I'm not sure where you would go to reverse this setting. If I find it, I'll let you know.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
I found something earlier about a setting called "filedia". This was in an AutoCAD forum though, so it may be specific to AutoCAD, but if it was set to 1, the dialog box showed, if 0, it didn't. This seems similar, but I don't know that this same variable has any association with Excel. I don't think this is a bug with BIRT. Not sure that it has anything to do with BIRT. What is your BIRT version? Are you using the standard XLS emitter or the Tribix emitter? If you run as a DOC file, does the dialog box pop up for it?
zzhang
I use standard XLS emitter.
I don't even have office software in the computer.
I attached the popup I got when I ran as doc. I am not sure if this is what I got when I run as XLS, I don't see the checkbox...
Thanks!
mwilliams
No, this isn't the exact dialog box I would expect, but this is probably because it isn't finding a program on your computer to open a DOC file type. It's close, but you're right, there is not checkbox. I have Windows7 and Office 2007. What program are you using to open the XLS files?
zzhang
That is just a virtual machine. There is no editing programs except notepad...
Thanks.
Ziyang
mwilliams
Hmmm. And it used to ask you if you want to open or save on this same setup? You could try redownloading BIRT, but I don't think it's an issue with BIRT.