Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
automatic generation with the parameters
XFabien
Hello all,
I have a question that I have a report, there are 2 parameters : one is the customer name, the other is the date of today. Now I want to generate the report in PDF for all the customers in the parameter.(one pdf for one customer) And, the file name will be the parameter[date].value + parameter[customer].value. So, is there one possibility to generate the report automaticly? Because it will take us a lot of time to generate the report manually.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
RobR
What is going to trigger the running of the report? A web page, a batch script? What do you plan to do with the PDF files once they are generated?
This may give you some ideas:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/36-batch-files-to-schedule-birt-reports/
Or this:
http://eclipser-blog.blogspot.com/2008/02/automatic-generation-of-birt-reports.html
XFabien
thank you very much for your answer. I'll try to figure it out, if it is possible for me, with the exemple that you gave me.
XFabien
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'RobR'" data-cid="78545" data-time="1308161795" data-date="15 June 2011 - 11:16 AM"><p>
What is going to trigger the running of the report? A web page, a batch script? What do you plan to do with the PDF files once they are generated?<br />
<br />
This may give you some ideas: <br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/36-batch-files-to-schedule-birt-reports/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/36-batch-files-to-schedule-birt-reports/</a><br
/>
<br />
Or this: <br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://eclipser-blog.blogspot.com/2008/02/automatic-generation-of-birt-reports.html'>http://eclipser-blog.blogspot.com/2008/02/automatic-generation-of-birt-reports.html</a><br
/></p></blockquote>
<br />
I can generate the report with a batch now, but I can only output in html but not pdf.<br />
Because I dont know how to import the itext.jar in the birt-runtime.<br />
So, hope you would tell me or anyone else can help me to do that.<br />
Thanks in advance.<br />
<br />
Yao
LokeshP
Hello,
Can you please help me.
I can understand method.