Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
passing DATE parameter to report
LabPusher
hi,<br />
<br />
I want to pass a DATE parameter from a JAVA app to my report. In the design, it is declared as Date, of course.<br />
<br />
In the JAVA app, it is defined as java.util.Date, but I get an error :<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>The type of parameter "p_monat" is expected as "date", not "java.util.Date</p></blockquote>
<br />
Using a String like "2011-05-01" instead, gives me :<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>
The type of parameter "p_monat" is expected as "date", not "java.lang.String</p></blockquote>
<br />
What can I use else ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
LabPusher
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'LabPusher'" data-cid="78515" data-time="1308136264" data-date="15 June 2011 - 04:11 AM"><p>
I had assumed java.util.Date, but it is indeed java.sql.Date! <br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
You could pass it in as a string and parse your string date into a date in BIRT using SimpleDateFormat().