Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
creating pagination using Java object
Birt-impl
For our application we are using BIRT with java objects and we are running out of memory for the large reports.
Is there are a way to support pagination using java objects?
-jignesh
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
What do you mean by pagination?
Birt-impl
I have 20000 records in DB and I am bring all the records in the memory to display. Instead of that can I bring only 50 at a time and then agian next 50 etc. Currently we are displaying only 50 records on the screen but since there is no guideline on how to bring next 50 from database we are bring whole 20000 records in the memory. Overy a period of time it generates heap dump.
-Jignesh
mwilliams
If running the report for all the values is an issue, you could possibly just run the report for 50 values and add a previous page and next page label to the report and use hyperlinks to run the report again for just 50 rows for either the previous page or the next page. You could keep a parameter to pass through a drill through to keep your place in your object, so you'd know where to start grabbing values and then limit your fetch to 50 rows worth. This would cause you to rerun the report for each "next page", but in turn, you'd only run it for 50 values, so it should be pretty quick.
Birt-impl
BIRT Guru,
This is exactly I want to do but I am not getting implementation details while using POJOs with BIRT.
Can you guide me for a technical specification which I can use as a reference(I am looking for POJOs and BIRT combination)? I didn't find any good documentation for this.
-Jignesh
mwilliams
There are examples of using POJOs for dataSource in the devShare, but I don't know that any of them will necessarily help you with just calling select data from your object.
Do you have a field for a row count in your object that you could limit your object rows by? Or would you have to bring in all the data and just select the needed rows in your fetch script? I'll try to help you figure it out.
Birt-impl
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="78618" data-time="1308240001" data-date="16 June 2011 - 09:00 AM"><p>
Or would you have to bring in all the data and just select the needed rows in your fetch script? I'll try to help you figure it out.<br /></p></blockquote>
Michael at present we do have above mention scenario. But I want to implement <br />
following solution. But I don't know how to do that?<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="78618" data-time="1308240001" data-date="16 June 2011 - 09:00 AM"><p>
Do you have a field for a row count in your object that you could limit your object rows by? <br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
-Jignesh