Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report parameter in Tomcat
techramesh
I had used BIRT report designer to design a report and I had placed report design file in "Tomcat\webapps\webviewer\report" folder.
In my report design, I had included report parameters to get input from user and when
I preview the report in BIRT report designer, report parameter is been shown.
But when I run the report from Tomcat server report parameter is not been shown to get input from user.
I am using Internet explorer 8 with cookies enabled and security being medium.
Anything I am missing?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
techramesh
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'techramesh'" data-cid="78584" data-time="1308208199" data-date="16 June 2011 - 12:09 AM"><p>
I had used BIRT report designer to design a report and I had placed report design file in "Tomcat\webapps\webviewer\report" folder.<br />
<br />
In my report design, I had included report parameters to get input from user and when <br />
I preview the report in BIRT report designer, report parameter is been shown.<br />
<br />
But when I run the report from Tomcat server report parameter is not been shown to get input from user.<br />
<br />
I am using Internet explorer 8 with cookies enabled and security being medium.<br />
<br />
Anything I am missing?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I ran following URL and now parameter page is been displayed,<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://localhost:8080/WebViewer/run?__report=Report\CIReport.rptdesign&__parameterpage=true'>http://localhost:8080/WebViewer/run?__report=Report\CIReport.rptdesign&__parameterpage=true</a>
;
JasonW
Are your parameters optional or required?
Jason
techramesh
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="78610" data-time="1308235162" data-date="16 June 2011 - 07:39 AM"><p>
Are your parameters optional or required?<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Yes, it is required. We are planning is to do following,<br />
<br />
1. create around 20 to 30 report designs<br />
2. Place the report design in tomcat webapps report folder<br />
3. Present the user to select the report he needs in IE or in Mozilla without showing report design file <br />
and show up the corresponding report.<br />
<br />
Is there anyway we can achieve this?
JasonW
You will have to create a jsp page that list all the reports and then forward the request to the viewer like the url you had in your previous post.
Jason