Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dataset Disappears form Outline
bmac
While working in the report designer, occasionally a dataset will simply disappear without warning. All trace is gone, from the outline and from the XML file. It is as though Birt skipped over the dataset while refreshing the XML. This has occurred on various computer systems and with Birt versions 2.3.2 through 2.6.1. I have been unable to identify any action on my part that is causing the problem. Has anyone else experienced this behavior?
bmac
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I have never seen this happen. Is this a certain type of DataSet that it happens with? When do you typically see this? After making a change? Running the report? If you make a report with the sample database, can you observe the same? Are there many many dataSets or does it happen with just one or two? Let me know.
bmac
It has happened with scripted datasets for Maximo and also with JDBC data sets to other data bases. It occurs while I am editing a script or while editing a dataset. I think both actions cause an XML refresh. Only 1 dataset is affected although it has happened when only 1 dataset is defined. The problem never occurs while running a report.
The only common thing I can think of is that I have always been in a hurry when it occurred. Probably I am hitting 2 keys at once and confusing Birt, but I have no idea exactly what I do. Unless something comes to mind immediately, there is no sense wasting time on this. I need to learn to be more careful.
bmac
mwilliams
I have not seen this issue before myself, so I have no idea what would cause that besides possibly a glitch of some sort. If you find anything else common about the situations when it happens to you, I wouldn't mind hearing what they are. Hopefully it doesn't cause you too much issue. If I find anything else out on it, I'll post in here.