Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Crosstab on large data set runs out of memory
mmills
I have a crosstab report that runs against a large data set. I run out of memory when it tries to create 100000 columns. I can use the page height to control how many rows fit on a page, but I cannot do the same with columns. Ideally, I want the columns to be sized to fit their contents and cause a page break when a column crosses the right edge of the page (like rows do).
It appears to me that I have two options for page breaks on rows: interval on the row level or set a page height. But I only have one option for page breaks on columns: interval on the column level.
There are two reasons this is a problem for me:
1) I do not know ahead of time how wide to make the columns in order to compute an interval value.
2) If I have multiple levels, this option does not work as I need it to. For example, suppose I have two column levels, state and city. If I knew I could fit three cities across the page, I would set the interval on the city level to three. However, it only breaks when there are more than three cities within a state. The attached report shows 5 cities on the first page, 3 on the second, and 17 on the last. I could add a break interval of 3 on the state level, but that can still give me up to 9 cities on a page, since each group of cities will not exceed the break interval.
Is there a way I have not found to limit the number of crosstab columns on a page?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
sschafer2
FYI I recently submitted <a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=345983'>this
bug</a> regarding crosstabs running out of memory. I think this is a fundamental issue with crosstabs.