Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Parameter getDefaultValueList Problem
gaby390
I am trying to dynamically set the default value of a parameter to the first row in a dataset.
I am creating a persistentGlobalVariable, that is initialized with the first value from the list (in an onFetch script).
Than i have created a new list parameter, that contains dynamically values from that list.
I try to set the default value of this parameter with the one in that is stored in the persistentGlobalVariable (in getDefaultValueList event), but for some reason, the persistentGlobalVariable has always null value.
I have also tried to initialize the persistentGlobalVariable with an fixed String, but it still shows only the null value.
Is there any chance I could set the Parameter from a PersistentGlobalVariable?
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
What is your BIRT version? I'll take a look.
gaby390
I am using the Actuate Birt Professional 11. For some reason it seems that it cannot as the default value, a value previously selected in a parameter.
mwilliams
It seems that the data is not available at the time that the default value list is created. If I find a way around this, I'll let you know.