Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Eclipse Report Prameter
kousseng
Hi Everybody......
I am new in BIRT reports. I am facing a problem regarding parameters. According to client requirement
I have to add Financial Year and Month as parameters in some report. The parameter Financial year should display values like this 2007-2008....2008-2009
Previously we have incorporated this field in the report source view by joining it with a master table. This master table contains all master informations like Financial Year,Month Name,Finacial Quarter,calender year,calender month etc. We have added filter conditions in the report. Now there are some requirements where we are trying avoid these joins. ............in every view we have accounting year and month....so we have created a different datasource for report parameter. This datasource has been created on that master table of time. While creating parameter I have taken calender year as value column(2008,2009 etc) and Financial Year as disla text(2008-2009,2009-2010 etc)....at the taime of filetr I am taking accounting year of query mapping it with calender year. .....The problem which I am facing is ...suppose there is data from 2010 month january to 2010 july......so this should show data of 2009-2010 FY month January,February,March and 2010-2011 FY month April,May,June...but I am only getting data against 2009-2010....can sombody sugest someting??
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I somewhat get what you're trying to do, but I'm not totally sure I'm understanding correctly. Is there any way you can recreate your issue with the sample database? It contains data from 1/2003 to around 5/2005, I believe, so you'll have to adjust your design to work with those time frames, but an example using that data would be helpful in understanding where you're having an issue and what to do to resolve it.