Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
PAGE NUMBER PROBLEM
arunkumarb
I am using BIRT version 2.6.1. When I run a report from the server and export the report to PDF, the page number in the footer of the report does not increment. If I run the same report in the Report Designer, the page number in the footer increments correctly. I am displaying the page number by using the AutoText page number from the Palette in the footer of the master page.
THE URL IS GIVEN BELOW:
http://localhost:8080/BV/frameset?__report=HMS_OFFERLETTER_1.rptdesign&APPLICANTID=3&__format=PDF
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
It works in the PDF output from the designer? But not from the deployed viewer? Is this correct?
arunkumarb
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="78777" data-time="1308584171" data-date="20 June 2011 - 08:36 AM"><p>
It works in the PDF output from the designer? But not from the deployed viewer? Is this correct?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
yes, you are exactly correct.
mwilliams
Can you recreate this with the sample database so I can run it? Then I can test with the file as well. Thanks.
arunkumarb
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="78853" data-time="1308682945" data-date="21 June 2011 - 12:02 PM"><p>
Can you recreate this with the sample database so I can run it? Then I can test with the file as well. Thanks.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi,<br />
I have attached the rptdesign file with sample database(classicModels). I am using the following URL to run the report in BROWSER.<br />
<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://localhost:8080/BV/frameset?__report=sampledb.rptdesign&__format=PDF.'>http://localhost:8080/BV/frameset?__report=sampledb.rptdesign&__format=PDF.</a><br
/>
<br />
Thanks in Advance
mwilliams
Use this URL instead:
http://localhost:8080/BV/run?__report=sampledb.rptdesign&__format=pdf
In the designer, if you use the viewer frameset, the page numbering is also incorrect, however if you use the RunAndRender task rather than separately as the viewer does, the page numbering is correct. So, the above URL that uses "run" rather than "frameset" will work!
arunkumarb
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="78955" data-time="1308836188" data-date="23 June 2011 - 06:36 AM"><p>
Use this URL instead:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://localhost:8080/BV/run?__report=sampledb.rptdesign&__format=pdf'>http://localhost:8080/BV/run?__report=sampledb.rptdesign&__format=pdf</a><br
/>
<br />
In the designer, if you use the viewer frameset, the page numbering is also incorrect, however if you use the RunAndRender task rather than separately as the viewer does, the page numbering is correct. So, the above URL that uses "run" rather than "frameset" will work!<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Its working fine. Thanks Williams.
mwilliams
Good to hear. Let us know whenever you have questions!
arunkumarb
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="79031" data-time="1308925008" data-date="24 June 2011 - 07:16 AM"><p>
Good to hear. Let us know whenever you have questions!
<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks alot Williams. Small doubt Let me know the difference between "frameset" and "run"
mwilliams
Frameset is like running the report with the web viewer's frameset and then exporting to PDF. The run and render tasks are ran separately. If you use the "run" option, it's like choosing PDF straight from the run menu in the designer. The runAndRender task is used. Hope this helps.
arunkumarb
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="79107" data-time="1309184668" data-date="27 June 2011 - 07:24 AM"><p>
Frameset is like running the report with the web viewer's frameset and then exporting to PDF. The run and render tasks are ran separately. If you use the "run" option, it's like choosing PDF straight from the run menu in the designer. The runAndRender task is used. Hope this helps.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
ya thanks williams...