Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Knowing the dataset size for a report
fredth
Hi, I would like to display a message at the start of my report if the result set of my report is greater than 16k elements. Does anyone know how I can find the result set size of a query for a specific report ?
I've check the scripting method and even the "normal" parameters but I can't see anything.
I know that I can set a property to display only the X first rows, but I want to be able to know is this criteria will be apply or not (I mean, if I set the max number of element to 16k, if the query returns me only 5k elements, I want to know that the limit has been reach).
Hope it's clear
Thanks for your help
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You want to know the size of the dataSet? Or something else?
fredth
Exactly the size of the dataSet.
How many rows my query returns me.
mwilliams
You can either add a computed column in your dataSet that uses the "count" aggregation, use a separate dataSet with the same query as your one that brings you data to bring you just the count of rows that qualify for your query, or you could increment a variable in your onFetch method of your dataSet and use that variable.