Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Can't see Views in DB
Greasepit
I really did search through the threads to see if I could find the answer before posting this. I was able to connect to a SQLserver DB using the JDBC drive and BIRT. I can see all my tables and the system views but I can't see any of the views that I created in the DB. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
A secondary issue with the DB from a second location is that I can't see the tables at all. I am assuming at this point it is an issue with the DB setup or permissions as I can can log into the db with Squirrel and see all, and I was able to see the tables in the other DB, just not the views.
Thanks in advance for the assistance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Try increasing the settings for tables that can be seen in the dataSet editor by going to Preferences -> Report Design -> Data Set Editor -> JDBC Data Set. See if that helps.
Greasepit
Thanks for the lightning fast response. I did try the tables thing previously and it did expand so I could see all the tables. I want to see my views as I did some complex stuff with some unions and a lot of work and I don't want to repeat all that. I will go back in the table settings and post anything if I get it fixed. Noticed a lot of your help posts and really appreciate people like you helping.
mwilliams
You're welcome. Do the views you created in your dataSet require any special permissions that you're not passing in your connection? Does the schema in which you created the views appear?
Greasepit
Got it. Thanks for your help and fast responses. In searching this great forum I found a post about using JTDS generic driver from Sourceforge. If not only took care of this not seeing Views issue, it also took care of the not being able to see tables in the other site. Great start to my day.