Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Setting MetaData from TeamPortal
System
Hi,
I'm using TeamPortal with BEA Weblogic Portal server.
I noticed that setting the MetaData is a 2 step process.
In the first step, I create a DCR using a template (from My TeamSite or Content Browser portlet) and then instead of submitting it, I select "I still have other related files to add or import" option. This moves my uploaded file to the 'My Browser' portlet under "My Modified Content".
In the second step, I click on the file under "My Modified Content" in "My TeamSite" portlet. Then I can edit the file and also set the metadata before sending the file for submission.
In step 1, I dont even have an option to set metadata.
Is it possible to capture the metadata as part of DCT?
or
Can I make setting metadata mandatory in step 1?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
As you mentioned, creating a DCR and setting metadata for the DCR is a 2 step process and could result in DCR submissions without any metadata associated with it. This is probably an oversight on our part. Unfortunately, this 2-step process is the only way you can submit a DCR with metadata as of now.
Thanks
--Anirudha Shanbhag
Migrateduser
Is it possible to capture the Metadata as part of DCT and then set the metadata using an external command like iwextattr on Form submit i.e. Save action of the DCT?
Then, I guess it shouldn't matter if I'm creating a DCR through TeamPortal or TeamSite GUI.
Only problem will be that I'll have to define the metadata fields inside each DCT, but thats okay with me.
sunil_j
Hi Ashish,
I dont think its advisaible to run the iwexttr command on the Save action of the DCT. Metadata are not saved on the saved DCR but on the HTML Files generated out of the temlating Process. So I suggest one can have the Metadata saved on the file in a worflow process - after "Submit" task.
Sunil
TeamSite Consultant
Migrateduser
Sunil, thanks for the advice.
Is there any other way than workflow?
Otherwise I'll have to a have a workflow for all the categories.
JonathonG
If you're generating pages using a presentation template, you can set the extended attributes in that PT. That way every time the page gets generated the metadata in the extended attributes is updated.
Jonathon
Interwoven Architecture Consultant
Migrateduser
Thanks Jonathan.
Can I still use the DCT to capture the metadata so that the user doesn't need to go thru 2 steps of filling up DCT and setting metadata?
Then while generating the page using PT, i'll use the metadata only with iwextattr (and not in the page content itself).
Thanks
JonathonG
Sure, there's nothing that says you have to put all of the DCR data on the output page. Just output the portions of the DCR you want onto the page, and use iwextattr on the HTML file for the portions you want as extended attributes.
Disclaimer: All this does is set the data as extended attributes on the generated files. I'm assuming that there is some other process that takes them from there and pushes them to the portal. I've never done a portal integration, so can't tell you about the end-to-end solution.
Jonathon
Interwoven Architecture Consultant