Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Highlight group value that exceeds threshold
Dave O
I am trying to highlight values in a group footer that meet or exceed a threshold.
I aggregate numerator and denominator values and calculate the percent value for the facility.
I have a threshold value from the dataset. All values print properly on the report. Now i want to highlight facility values when they meet or exceed the threshold.
I am trying to use the highlight function. the condition i set is
row["ColumnBinding_1"] Greater than or Equal row["ThresholdValue']
both data types are Float.
I can't seem to get the cell to highlight even using a fixed value for the threshold in the Highlight List.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Can you reproduce your issue with the sample database so I can see exactly what you're doing and also be able to run the report?
Dave O
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="78903" data-time="1308758066" data-date="22 June 2011 - 08:54 AM"><p>
Can you reproduce your issue with the sample database so I can see exactly what you're doing and also be able to run the report?<br /></p></blockquote>
It is a large database. If my observation doesn't help i will zip and post the database for you to run the report.<br />
<br />
I observed that the column i want to use for comparison, "Column_Binding_1" is noted at the end of the report as an error -<br />
<br />
"Expression "row["column Binding_1"]" is invalid<br />
<br />
The expression is the division of the numerator by the denominator. The name was assigned by BIRT - do i need to bind the express to something? if so, what and how.<br />
<br />
I appreciate your help - i didn't get an email regarding your response or i would have responded earlier.
mwilliams
Ok. What is your BIRT version? I'll look to replicate the issue with the sample database how I understand it and post it in here.
Dave O
My BIRT version is 2.6.1.
Thanks for your help. Looks like i need to better understand bindings.
mwilliams
Ok. In this example, I tried to recreate a situation that I think is similar to yours. I have a dataSet that has a threshold value. In each group, I have a couple of aggregations that I use to compute a value. I then add a highlight rule to check this computed value against the threshold. Let me know if I've got something wrong.
Dave O
Thank you - it does what i intented.
I had put the aggregates into the footer - you did the calculations in the body. I think I can reformat the report to use your approach. It is quite elegant.
Thanks for your help. If i can't get it to work, i will package everything so you can show me the error of my ways!
Dave
mwilliams
You put the aggregations in the footer of the repot? Or the footer of the table? I used the group footer of the table. Let me know. I might be able to offer a solution without you having to reformat your report.