Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Email Problem
megamala
Hi
I am trying to send email through work flow. I am getting error. And also its not showing anthing in /iwsend_mail.log file (file is not exists). I am trying through author_submit_with_email.wft (Example one). How can I debug.
[iwsend_mail]
maildomain=nwie.net
mailserver=10.90.18.213
use_mapping_file=true
email_mapping_file=/usr/interwoven/iw-home/local/config/wft/email_map.cfg
debug_output=/usr/interwoven/iw-home/custom/iwsend_mail.log
Thanks in Advance
MM
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Maybe if you posted the error message you're getting...
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
megamala
In that workflow(author_submit_with_email.wft) its not going to next task. It stuck-up at external task (E-mail) . How can I debug.
Migrateduser
There are many ways. I typically insert print statements to a debug log file, after every statement if necessary, to see which line is causing the problem. You can also run your script from the command line to make sure it works there - that way you get better error feedback if one of your lines of code is producing an error. I would start there.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Adam Stoller
This is the solutions/author_submit_with_email.wft ? That uses the iw_solutions_email.ipl script ?
If so - then it is no surprise you aren't getting any information in the iwsend_mail.log file - that script does not make use of that config variable.
Instead, you have to enable debugging in the script itself (line 53) and then look in iw-home/tmp/ for a file called iw_solutions_debug.log.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
megamala
I think it is not reading email_map.cfg file. Do I need to do any changes in the script.
i changed in email_map.cfg
megamala:
megamala@rediffmail.com
but its sending default one
megamala@domain.com
Migrateduser
As Fish asked, which author_submit_with_email.wft are you using? The one in the solutions directory or the one in the default directory? If you are using the solutions workflow, then you are editing the wrong email_map.cfg file.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
Adam Stoller
What is the location of the email_map.cfg file that you modified?
Is it the one within iw-home/local/config/wft/
or is it the one within iw-home/local/config/wft/solutions/
The former is the one used by iwsend_mail.ipl
The latter is the one used by iw_solutions_email.ipl
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
megamala
Thanks to all, I got it.
Migrateduser
Why in the freaking world would there need to be two of these? Talk about not making any sense at all.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
The reason that there is more than one email script (I think there are three) is that the new scripts were created to improve upon the first. However, as a service to those customers who were using the older scripts, we continue to ship the old scripts rather than force customers to use the latest and greatest.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
Adam Stoller
To build upon Brinko's response in an effort to answer what I think Smitty was really asking ... The reason there are two email_map.cfg files is tied to the answer that Brinko gave.
The original email_map.cfg was created for iwsend_mail.ipl - and at that time we were looking for a simple mapping of: userid => email address.
The iw_solutions_email.ipl script took that a step further, and devised an XML-formatted configuration file that maps: userid => full name => email address.
It is, admittedly, unfortunate that the same named file was used with different formats (though fortunately in different directories so both scripts can be used concurrently if so desired).
I've just filed a feature request (35577) stating that iwsend_mail.ipl should be modified to accept either format of email_map.cfg.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
Yes, the real question I was asking is why there were two email_map.cfg files for two different purposes. Thanks for the explanation and the admission that this was probably a bad idea. Although I did cringe when you mentioned a new "feature request" after I just bashed Brinko for his explanation of what a feature request is.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com