Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Data elaboration
portosr
Hi all
I need to elaborate some date formatted in the following way:
TABLE 1
Col_name Value
HallID ****
Visitor aaa
TABLE 2
Col_name Value
ExID bbb
Myvisitors yyy
I have to generate a table so formatted:
TABLE 3
yyy
aaa
Anyone can help me?
thank
Portos
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You have two tables in your BIRT report like table 1 and table 2? And you need to take just 1 value from each and display them in the same table below the other 2? If this is the case, you could just grab the two values in script and put them in persistentGlobalVariables and then recall them in dynamic textboxes in a grid. If it's not as simple as your above example, can you be more specific on what your data looks like and what you want for the output? Thanks.
portosr
Hi thank for the reply; I am confused as I am not an expert of java and reporting but I have to learn in few time.
For me It is not clear how to access the data I have in a table, an element of the report, and how I can manipulate them. Is there any book or clear pdf / site to explain how to use script inside BIRT?
Thank
portosr
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'portosr'" data-cid="79072" data-time="1309027217" data-date="25 June 2011 - 11:40 AM"><p>
Hi thank for the reply; I am confused as I am not an expert of java and reporting but I have to learn in few time. <br />
For me It is not clear how to access the data I have in a table, an element of the report, and how I can manipulate them. Is there any book or clear pdf / site to explain how to use script inside BIRT? <br />
<br />
Thank<br /></p></blockquote>
Your solution could work fine but may I access a generic row in a table or in a data set with script? (sorry I am not an expert!) <br />
The output I need to elaborate is a chart: the two elements of table 3 (my first example) have to be plotted. <br />
Any suggestions?<br />
Thank a lot<br />
portos
mwilliams
To make a chart, you'd probably have to have your values in a dataSet. Can you create a joint dataSet out of your first 2 dataSets to use to make your chart?
portosr
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="79112" data-time="1309186774" data-date="27 June 2011 - 07:59 AM"><p>
To make a chart, you'd probably have to have your values in a dataSet. Can you create a joint dataSet out of your first 2 dataSets to use to make your chart?<br /></p></blockquote>
Hi but may I manage table with script? I mean may I create dataset, access to single element of this dataset ( I mean row and column)? Maybe these questions are basic knowledge, I'm running to learn!<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
portos
mwilliams
Can you create a report with the sample database with 2 tables and let me know what you want in the third table. I'll see if I can do what you're wanting.
portosr
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="79120" data-time="1309192039" data-date="27 June 2011 - 09:27 AM"><p>
Can you create a report with the sample database with 2 tables and let me know what you want in the third table. I'll see if I can do what you're wanting.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
In dettail I report an example with two tables coming from the same dataset:<br />
Table1<br />
AreaID Count1<br />
1 3976<br />
2 9439<br />
3 6023<br />
4 9021<br />
5 6752<br />
6 9456<br />
7 5698<br />
Table2<br />
HallID Count2<br />
1 39567<br />
2 76498<br />
3 92193<br />
4 53087<br />
<br />
I have to generate a pie chart with just two data Count1 for AreaID=2 and Count2 for HallID=1. The other chart is a simple bar chart with Count1 for AreaID=2 and the average of Count1 on some of other AreaID (as example 1,5,7). I attach a excel file to better explain my point.<br />
If you have some solution could you send me the script and some other dettail on dataset managing (may I access the single data in a dataset?)<br />
<br />
Thank<br />
portos
mwilliams
One more question. How do you decide what data is used in the charts? User parameter?
portosr
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="79143" data-time="1309206297" data-date="27 June 2011 - 01:24 PM"><p>
One more question. How do you decide what data is used in the charts? User parameter?<br /></p></blockquote>
yes....
mwilliams
If you're using SQL, one way might be to do a union in your SQL to make dataSets with the values you want for your charts. If not, what I'm going to try to do is to build an array with the values you want from the two tables and then use this array to create scripted dataSets for the charts. If you're not using SQL, you might try this too. Let me know.
portosr
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="79149" data-time="1309208569" data-date="27 June 2011 - 02:02 PM"><p>
If you're using SQL, one way might be to do a union in your SQL to make dataSets with the values you want for your charts. If not, what I'm going to try to do is to build an array with the values you want from the two tables and then use this array to create scripted dataSets for the charts. If you're not using SQL, you might try this too. Let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
First of all many thank for your time. <br />
I use SQL so I'm working on union with javascript. <br />
Your second propsal is very interesting: how may i create an array copying the values from a dataset? could you send me a piece of code as example? I am not able to access data in the dataset.
mwilliams
If you can union your SQL, that might be the easiest. What is your BIRT version? I'll try to get you a sample report doing it the other way.