Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Accessing Bindings from another table set
jballnik
Hi Gang,
I have a report that is using several DataSets so I have quite a few bindings in the report. At the end I have a totals section, is there a way I can access the fields from other DataSet Bindings, add them together, and display a total in the totals section?
thanks,
John B
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi John,
If you have aggregations in the tables to find their totals, you can set persistentGlobalVariables with the totals values and recall them in your "totals section". Let me know if you have questions.
jballnik
Hi Michael,
I used the Aggregation Builder to get the totals in the first few data sets. Should I get rid of those and use Total.sum()? If not, can you explain how to use that method you were refering to?
thanks!!
John
mwilliams
I meant grabbing the value of the aggregation in its onCreate script and storing it in a PGV and then accessing it in the grid at the bottom of your report to do whatever calculations and displaying you need to do. Let me know if you need an example or more explanation.