Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Email
Sus
Hi,
I am using the teamsite sendmail.ipl to send emails(html fomat) to users.
We are using email.cfg .
The question is
If I use any address from email.cfg the email is good.
If I use any address that is not in email.cfg the from address is shown as 'postmaster@somename.server.com' instead of showing the from address I have given. Also a from Line is added to the email body.
Can you please tell me how can I set it right ?
Thanks,
Sus
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
We don't ship a sendmail.ipl script as far as I know - we ship an [obsolete] iwsend_owner_mail.ipl, an [obsolete IMO] iwsend_servlet_mail.ipl, an iwsend_mail.ipl, and an iw_solution_email.ipl script. My guess is you are talking about iwsend_mail.ipl, but it would help if you could verify that and indicate what version of TeamSite (including service packs, patches and platform information) you are using.
The From address being re-written is more than likely to be a byproduct of the SMTP server you are connecting through to send your email than a particular aspect of the script you are using to send it. It would appear that the SMTP server attempts to validate the From address and if it fails to do so, replaces it as you have seen.
The fix for this is to make sure you provide valid From addresses within the script so that the SMTP server doesn't have to perform the replacement (or convince your IT staff that you don't want the SMTP server to do this and that you have a valid reason for not wanting it that they should support for you)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
appdom.jpg