Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Long Last Page
bbmuskie
Hi,
I'm now creating a Production Note report and I'll have 3 pages (all packing information with static text) need to print at the end of the report.
My question is BIRT only have one master and one layout tab. How could I input those 3 pages information?
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Yes, there is only one master page and one layout tab, but you can have multiple master pages. If you go to your outline and right click on master pages, you can add one. In the layout, to switch which masterpage is used for a group of elements, you just make sure you set the page break after to "always" for the last element in the first masterpage and then select the next masterpage for the element that's supposed to appear in the second masterpage. Hopefully this makes sense. Let me know if you need a better explanation.
bbmuskie
Hi Mike,
I just tested the multiple masterpage and it works. Thank you very much.
I do have one more question. As I mentioned in the first post, I'll have "3 last pages" with static text. How do I make this to work? Thanks.
mwilliams
Just create a grid with 3 rows for the "last page". Then to get it to span to 3 pages, you'd just select the first row, go to the page break section of the property editor and set the page break after to always. Then do the same for the second row. As long as you have the grid attached to the last page masterpage and a page break before it, all 3 last pages will be on the final masterpage. Hope this answers your question.
bbmuskie
Michael,
Thanks. I've no problem to set up the grid and the rows attached to the masterpage "Last1", "Last2" and "Last3". Should I extend the Header on "Last1", "Last2" and "Last3" in order to key in those static text?
mwilliams
I'm not sure I'm understanding completely. If you have 3 masterpages and you have a table on each and want to also have static text at the bottom of each page. All you need to do is put a grid after each table for your static data. The grid will follow the masterpage selected for the table above it. You just need to make sure you take the page break after off of the table and put it on the grid. Hopefully this answers your question. If not, maybe attaching your design will help me understand.
bbmuskie
Michael,
Let me give you a simple example. I need to raise a Production Note to the factory and contains only 2 items.
So the first page will be:
Customer No: 123
Date: 1/1/2011
Item No. Description Qty
---
A123 Pencil 12
B456 Eraser 34
Done. No footer on Page 1
Page 2,3 and 4
Will contain those ship mark, upc code and packing info etc. That is the static text I'm referring. I hope you can have a better idea now. Thanks.
mwilliams
Ok, so for this example, you'd just need 2 masterpages. One for the first page and one for the rest. After the Item No. Description Qty table, you'd add a page break. Then, in the next element in your report, you'd add the second masterpage to it. In the footer of masterpage #1, you'd have nothing. In the footer of masterpage #2, you could put the static text that you want to show on all of these pages. Does this make sense? If not, tell me your version and I'll make a quick sample.
bbmuskie
Michael,
I just don't know how to put 3 full pages text within the "tiny" footer on masterpage #2. Thanks.
mwilliams
Ok, I think there was some confusion. If your static text is going to be report body info and not just footer info, then you wouldn't need to do different master pages. You'd simply put your table in your report, then follow that with a grid with 3 rows. You'd put the static text you want on the last 3 pages into your grid with each row being for a separate page. You'd then select the table, set the page break after to always and then do the same for the first 2 rows of the grid. This will force page breaks between the elements you want on separate pages.
Let me know if I'm confused still. Sorry if I am.
bbmuskie
Pls accept my apology for the confusion.
OK. My question now is how to put a "full" page text within a tiny grid cell? I could "expand" the cell or grid but it is still hard to edit inside.
Btw, each full page text also have some special format (i.e. nested grid and image)
Thanks!
mwilliams
In the design layout, if you put a 1 column, 3 row grid, it will expand side to side to fit the design area. As you put elements into each row cell, the cell will automatically expand to fit everything inside unless you specify a height for the row. What is your BIRT version?
bbmuskie
Hi Michael,
I'm using v3. Everything is resolved now and thanks for the great great help!
mwilliams
Great to hear. You're welcome for the help. Let us know whenever you have questions!