Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
refresh inline w/FormAPI
LooseCannon
Hi All -
5.5.2/solaris
My situation:
In a DCT I'm populating a drop down w/an inline call to an XML file. Upon previous item selections the XML file is updated via a callServer to an CGI file.
The problem is that the DCT isn't updating the drop down w/the updated XML file.
I've tried to refresh the drop down by calling IWDatacapture.redraw(); and top.datacapture.refreshForm(); but neither seems to work.
How can I do this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
Are you trying to refresh the list based on a selection on the DCT ? Inline might not be the right solution for that.
Inline is executed before the DCT is rendered.
Hope that helps.
LooseCannon
>>Are you trying to refresh the list based on a selection on the DCT ?
yes
>>Inline is executed before the DCT is rendered.
Are you saying that an inline can
only
get executed when the DCT is loaded?
JonathonG
Correct, an inline is
only
executed when the template loads. You can use FormAPI methods for updating the items in a drop-down as a result of your callServer. There are examples of this in the FormAPI examples directory.
Jonathon
Interwoven Architecture Consultant
iwovGraduate
Yes. You should consider using FormAPI.
LooseCannon
...ultimately I was trying to find out if I could programmatically execute an inline. It's disappointing that this can't be done.
Thanks for the responses.
Migrateduser
You can use formAPI callServer to execute a CGI or JSP on the server. But it probably wouldn't be the same inline, it would return JavaScript that would do whatever the inline was originally intended to do (populate select list, etc.). Both the inline and the CGI/JSP could use the same data, just return it differently.