Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
get/setting the outputstream of a birt chart image
wizkid
Hi,
Was searching for a way to speed up the chart image delivery. One of the things I was thinking of, was getting the outputstream or atleast setting one.
I know its possible to set the html outputstream, but what about the chart? Currently im not intrested in the part where birt makes the html, as birt excellence is the report and chart creation.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Are you using the Chart Engine API?
Jason
wizkid
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="79502" data-time="1309542563" data-date="01 July 2011 - 10:49 AM"><p>
Are you using the Chart Engine API?<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
If you mean the API in which you can build a chart in a java standalone app then no. I'm using the Runtime package with help of the eclipse birt designer.<br />
<br />
Why will the Chart Engine API make setting an OutputStream possible?
JasonW
I do not know of a way this can be done with the engine. Using the CE API it is possible but more work will be needed to hookup data to the chart. I am not certain this would speed up charts that much.
Jason