Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
displaying the number of columns as per the parameters
Ronak
Hi Jason,
I have another question. I have a table with 20 columns. I have one report parameter. Now what I want is as I enter the parameter value the number of column being displayed.
i.e If I enter the parameter as 1 then first column being displayed, if i enter parameter value as 2 then first two columns being displayed, if 5 then first 5 and so on.
Please help me in this.
Thanks,
Ronak
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
For the first column, use a visibility expression like if (params["myParameter"] > 0){false} else{true}.
For the second column, use if (params["myParameter"] > 1){false} else{true}.
And so on...
That should do it. Let me know if you have questions.
Ronak
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="79476" data-time="1309528288" data-date="01 July 2011 - 06:51 AM"><p>
For the first column, use a visibility expression like if (params["myParameter"] > 0){false} else{true}.<br />
<br />
For the second column, use if (params["myParameter"] > 1){false} else{true}.<br />
<br />
And so on... <br />
<br />
That should do it. Let me know if you have questions.<br /></p></blockquote>
Ronak
Hi,
I didn't get it. How to do that.
Let me tell you entire scenario.
I have one dataset named DATASET1. In that there are twenty columns. Now I created one report parameter named as columns.
Now what I want is As I enter the report parameter 1, I got only first column as output in report.
If report parameter = 2 , then first two columns,
if report parameter = 5, then first 5 columns......
if report parameter = 20, then 20columns get displayed.
How can I do this. Please tel me
Thanks
mwilliams
Ok, so in your layout, if you drag your dataSet from the data explorer, you have a 20 column table. When you select the table, there will be "tabs" around the rows and columns to allow you to select them. If you select the first column, you'd go to the property editor to the visibility section. Here, you'll set the expressions like I said above based on the parameter entered. I can make a quick example if needed. Let me know your version if you need one.
Ronak
Hii,
Please make a quick example. I am waiting. I am using version 3.7.
Ronak
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Ronak'" data-cid="79519" data-time="1309583552" data-date="01 July 2011 - 10:12 PM"><p>
Hii,<br />
<br />
Please make a quick example. I am waiting. I am using version 3.7.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
No need now to make example. I got answer from your above suggestions.<br />
<br />
Thanks
mwilliams
Great. Glad you got it working! Sorry for the delayed response, but I had a 3 day, holiday weekend this past weekend.