Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Can't the birt 2.6 support chart export into excel?
hcy1986
I use birt verison is 2.6,i want to export the picture into the excel,but it can't work.
Does the birt support the picture export into the excel?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Unfortunately, the XML XLS emitter that BIRT uses isn't compatible with exporting images to Excel. The Tribix XLS emitter uses a binary XLS output that is compatible. You might give it a try. It hasn't been updated since BIRT 2.5.x, but it should still work with BIRT 2.6, I would think. I haven't tried it.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/33-tribix--extended-emitters-for-birt/
Note: I believe Actuate BIRT's XLS emitter does allow for export of charts. You can see more about it and download a trial version on the product page:
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/products/birt-design/birt-designer-pro/features/
hcy1986
Thank mwilliams for your reply,i have tried again with eclipse birt 2.6 and also no effort in xls.But in word is okay.
mwilliams
You tried the Tribix XLS emitter in 2.6?
hcy1986
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="79682" data-time="1309973250" data-date="06 July 2011 - 10:27 AM"><p>
You tried the Tribix XLS emitter in 2.6?<br /></p></blockquote>
No,i only tried with the base 2.6 without the tribix xls.
mwilliams
Base 2.6 does not export images. You'll have to try the Tribix one or write your own emitter for XLS to get images in XLS in open source. You can always file an enhancement for this output type at
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/